- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped, raw, yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 (11 oz.) smoked andouille sausage, sliced at an angle
- 1 lb. pre-cooked shrimp (I used frozen, pre-cooked which I thawed at home)
- 1 tbsp. low carb Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 large bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth, no sugar added
- In a medium to large soup pot, use 1 tbsp of the oil (pre-measure the 1/2 cup and just use a little from that) to saute the onion, celery and bell peppers until the onions are translucent.
- Add the sausage and shrimp and saute for about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the arrowroot powder, then add the bay leaves, chicken broth remainder of oil and creole seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the broth has reduced enough to become slightly thickened from the arrowroot powder (it won’t be very thick, but you’ll see a slight difference in the broth).
- Cool and serve.